Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Two-Day Self-Imposed Silent Retreat In Midway, Utah


Pot Rock Collection - Don't Take Any -
In the Olden Days, 
Neighbors Shot Each Other Over Disputed Pot Rock Ownership -
Pot Rock Buildings In Town (below)
  Now Take A Quick 'Scroll' With Me Down Midway (Memory) Lane

 Irrigation Gate
Watercress Grows Freely

Only One Democrat In Town

Yippee! The Town Finally Gets A Grocery Store

Metal Works Shop Where Angle Irons Were Made 
That I Used To Support Beams After I Jacked Up Cantilevered Edges of Cabin
(it's a long story)

Bonner's Policy: Turn No Cat Away
(yes, it smells like the Cat House at the zoo)


The Bridges of Wasatch County




"I'd like to take a walk ALONE along the Provo River - 
This screwdriver should be enough protection."

"...and the hoary frost of heaven, who has gendered it?"
(Job 38:29)












River Foam Among The Logs



Where's Elmo the Fisherman?




I would like to decay beautifully
like this crocodile log.

Please, random attacker, if my screwdriver fails, 
lay me out in this field, next to this log -
let me be earth.

4 comments:

  1. If you took a two day silent retreat, does that mean that The "K" is Silent again?
    Love the photos, jealous of the retreat time and place. Someday in my next life I'll have a cabin.
    'xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures, Kass. Wilderness right up to the edge of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great photos! You have such a great eye for beauty and reality.

    I love Midway too and now I'm wondering how it got its name -- what is it mid-way to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. from the book my Uncle John Van Cott wrote called Utah Place Names: Midway is on Snake Creek, four miles northwest of Heber. In 1859 there were two settlements on the creek. The upper settlement, two miles farther up-canyon, had a temporary name of Mound City. the two communities eventually united under the name Midway so the settlers could better protect themselves against the Indians.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to know you've stopped by. Thanks.