Friday, August 28, 2009

Artist's Way

That last post I did, made me realize how much Artist's Way has influenced my life.


We dressed up like ladies and went to Lamb's Cafe just to see how it felt.


We made Mandalas



We became each others' "cup of tea"

We took these words to heart:

I wish I could take a language
And fold it like cool, moist rags.
I would lay words on your forehead.
I would wrap words on your wrists.
"There, there," my words would say -
Or something better.
I would ask them to murmur,
"Hush" and "Shh, shhh, it's all right."
I would ask them to hold you all night.
I wish I could take language
And daub and soothe and cool
Where fever blisters and burns,
Where fever turns yourself against you.
I wish I could take language
And heal the words that were the wounds
You have no names for.

Julia Cameron

Thank you, Marie. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. You are a sweetheart, you know? Those pictures trigger warm memories and nostalgia. I thank my lucky starts for bringing us all together. Love you back.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to know you've stopped by. Thanks.